Video??

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Mise
Junior A

Video??

Post by Mise »

Does anyone know where i can get my hands on a good comprehensive video on offaly hurling, or does such a thing exist?

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Nearest thing there is would be the Setanta review of Offaly's 1998 All Ireland winning campaign.
The Joe Dooley "This is your life" video would be somewhat relevent too.

Mise
Junior A

Post by Mise »

yeah, have the dooley "this is your life" one. ha ha, compelling stuff it is NOT! & its got ger loughnane on it. ugh.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

The Joe Dooley video needed about 30 or 40 minutes of it left on the cutting room floor.
The introductions, music and long walks to the stage got tedious very quickly.

Skeletor Loughnane being on it was good though.

Mise
Junior A

Post by Mise »

id say a good hour and a half of it left on teh cuttng room floor would be more like it. a bit more hurlin footage wouldnt have gone astray either..
a while since i watched it but if memory serves me correctly the tedium came from some of the cringeworthy interviews (dat stupid fan of the year for one)
wherefore "skeletor"?? havent heard him called that before. hes another of the soccer in croke park wanting brigade so dont have much time for him. plus hes a bit unhinged i reckon - remember all his shenanigans on clare fm- once met gilligan and markham who verified dat the man is a little off the deep end. & he comes out with some guff when an analyst on the telly. personally, i just wish hed go away.