Robots

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
turk
All Star

Robots

Post by turk »

See Bord na Mona man, (one of the greats) has a picture of some robots beside his name when he posts. I'm told this robots are off the smash ads. Indeed there was a "greatest ads" program on telly once, and they showed this ad. all these robots were in a space ship, laughing.

Would these robots be dangerous lads? I mean like if they were cornered, would they be vicious like a rat or a mink? I wouldn't like to have one of them attack me.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Certainly thinking outside the box, in a fashion, at least.

I'd say it's the man with the remote you'd have to worry about. As long as he's not into gratuitous violence for the sake of it I'd say you'd be fine.

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

Normally I dont bother with fiddly things like Avatars (what sort of a word is that anyway!), but if this one works, then I'm a convert.

Incidentally Lone Shark, yours doesn't display on my browser. Is it p*rn? :oops:

The Biff
All Star

Woohoo

Post by The Biff »

It worked. That's made my day.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I don't think the Smash robots are dangerous.
They were only having a great laugh at human's expense.
They don't seem that tough, because they looked ready to fall apart when they were rolling around on the ground waving potato peelers and laughing.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

Daleks, they were dangerous pricks, but if you were in a two storey house you'ld be grand.

Bord na Mona man
All Star

I wouldn't be so confident about meeting a Dalek in two storey house!
In "Remembrance of the Daleks" they'd learned to climb stairs.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

really? i never knew that! if you had a ladder handy, you could climb into the loft, a dalek would never be able to get up a ladder.
but the dalek would have two options then

1. wait there at the underneath the loft hatch, till you start to starve in the loft, or need to go to the toilet.

2. start shooting at the ceiling blowing away all the beams and you'ld fall down.

it's a tough one.

Bord na Mona man
All Star

He might use his anti-gravity beam to hoist himself upwards.

I think you'd be goner.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

but he'd bust his head off the ceiling then and you could run out when he was dazed. anti gravity was hard on their batteries too.

cylons, they were rubbish. i wouldn't be afraid of them at all!

azoffaly
All Star

Ceylons

Post by azoffaly »

C'mon turk. Them Ceylons were savages. With the big red 'KIT' light going back and forth across their faces, and the creepy voices.

Them lads were serious feckers. Big boots and skirts as well.

Anyway, back to the Daleks, you'd be grand if you painted Lipstick on one of them Steel Dustbins and turned it upside down. While they were trying to bone the Dustbin you could slip away unmolested.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

but they were shamelessly ineffective!
they used to crash their ships every week, and that guy who was head of the cylons would be losing the rag, roaring and shouting.

in fact tweekie out of buck rogers or c3p0, openly soft robots would probably beat the cylons.

your argument about the daleks doesn't hold up either, as very few people keep a dust bin, or lipstick in their attic.

no for me the top automoton would be super mechagodzilla.

Treasurer
All Star

Daleks and Ceylons

Post by Treasurer »

Crikey lads, I'm glad I grew up in South Offaly, blissfully unaware of Daleks and Ceylons and heaven knows what else! Who were these creatures???

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

That's harsh turk. The Ceylons were just over eager. They were like young lads busting into each other trying to please a new coach. Just youthful exhuberence. (sp?)

My favourite all time Robotically Engineered Entity was R2D2. That lad was a little legend. He could Fly planes, talk to any computer in the world, ANY world, open dungeons, zap lads, the whole lot.

Good job he was a 'goodie'.

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

Also, any well prepared ex boy-scout would have those items hidden away in case of Dalek induced crises.

C'mon Turk, were those days in Curracloe wasted altogether?