Leinster Club Final

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Treasurer
All Star

Leinster Club Final

Post by Treasurer »

Leaving aside the debate on whether or not UCD should even be in the championship, with Pat McIntyre, Brian Buckley and Brendan Murphy involved with UCD, will ye be shouting for or against on Sunday?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

UCD

Post by Lone Shark »

I'm kind of biased. Backed UCD to win the All Ireland once they won their Dublin semi, since usually once they get to that that stage they stay interested. So very much on the side of my old stomping grounds.

Financial interest aside, I would actually like to see them win it. Granted even if they do I'd be surprised if Buckley or McIntyre's involvement is any more than minimal, but even if it only Brendan gets an added confidence boost from an AI medal twill be worth it.

Anyway, I hate listening to all these lads griping when the colleges actually get somewhere. Let them in or don't as each county sees fit, but if you must give out, give out when the decision's being made rather than once they win something.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Just spotted this site. Congrats & best wishes to the promoters.

Hope the site will take off, and the shark will have better support than on that awful evening in Limerick last July.

Interesting article on the county championship elsewhere. I must say, a possible quarter final meeting with Birr provides scant reward for coming out on top of the weaker group in hurling.