Teams for Saturday named yet?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
MF35
Intermediate

Teams for Saturday named yet?

Post by MF35 »

Heard a few rumours going around that the Football team is named.
Find it hard to believe as they are not training until tonight.
......Killmurray would never do that.....would he?

Ron
All Star

Post by Ron »

I spotted this on RTE.ie, so the answer is he would! Reynolds gets the nod ahead of Coughlan. Is this a 3 man FF line? No room for Hunt either.

OFFALY (SFC v Carlow)

Padraic Kelly,
Cathal Daly, Conor Evans, Scott Brady,
James Keane, Shane Sullivan, Karol Slattery (Capt),
Ciaran McManus, Alan McNamee,
Colm Quinn, Mark Daly, Neville Coughlan,
Niall McNamee, Pascal Kellaghan, John Reynolds

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Hmmmmmmmmmm.........

Post by Lone Shark »

Hard to know what way Kilmurray plans on playing based on that. Shaper can play either role, and certainly gets his share of goals, but I'm still not convinced about the three man inside line as their best option - certainly not if slow high ball in on top of Paschal continues to be the delivery employed. I understand I've nailed my colours to the mast on this one, but I would have like to see Hunt get a run, if only to try to keep control of the ball a bit.

Keane for Mooney was always likely to happen, though I'd have given Sullivan the wing back slot and given him the license to charge forward - with the caveat that he doesn't shoot at the end of it though.

Carlow are another strong fielding team, so we'll need Mac to be back to his best to keep them occupied and the Super to continue his fine rate of improvement this year.

Ultimately if we can keep Simon Rea in check and avoid the stupid goals conceded ( :roll: ) Carlow shouldn't be able to run up too big a total. Big if though.

minor
Senior

Post by minor »

well although i thought grennan would get the nod ahead of keane i'm delighted hes getting the chance, he is one of the soundest men you'd ever meet and hugely talented footballer. i hope he does himself justice.