A wee bet for those of you so inclined.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

A wee bet for those of you so inclined.

Post by Lone Shark »

Needless to say those under 18 should look away, because gambling is evil don't you know .... :P

James Young, 12/1 to be top Scorer in the Hurling Championship with bet365. This is a cracking bet, and a mistake, because of the new championship format. Think about it logically - he averaged seven points per game in the league for Laois. He scored 1-9 yesterday against Dublin. From here on he'll play a Leinster semi against Wexford, three qualifier group games, and probably one relegation playoff. At least five games, maybe more allowing for losing the relegation semi, or a replay. If we allow him a conservative six points per game - that's a total of 42.

Now look at the favourite, Henry Shefflin, in at 3/1. Will have a semi against Offaly, a Leinster final, and probably 3 games further if KK reach an All Ireland final. 8 points a game and he still finishes below Young. And this is giving him a full run to the final and all the frees, some of which may be taken by Larkin. Likewise Joe Deane. A maximum of four games to come, with only six in the bag, and he's trading at sixes. Lunacy.

A lot of you who know me know that I have a gambling background, and this is the best bet I've seen so far this year. Well worth a few pence.

Lone Shark
All Star

Price now gone.

Post by Lone Shark »

I hope a few of you took this, because they've now cut the price.

You can still get 10/1 with Boylesports if you want. Still worth backing at that in my opinion.

juteman
County player

Post by juteman »

This bet makes loads of sense and Juteman will be punting.
JUTEMAN

TheManFromFerbane
All Star

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Right LS I went with you and put my life savings (bout 36 cent and a button) on him, just wondering what do you reckon about replays or one of the Down or Antrim lads contesting him? also TJ Ryan scored 1-7 the first day against Tip, (i think), dont know what he scored in the second game but does he mess up your plans?

Lone Shark
All Star

Young

Post by Lone Shark »

Down won't play in the All Ireland Championship, so that makes it unlikely they'll have a high scorer, and even against New York no Antrim scorer had more than four points. They tend to spread their scoring a lot, so they won't have the same one person focus.

TJ is a consideration, and I think he got four points the second day as well - but truth be told I expect Limerick to play four more games, and him to score about 25 - and that's giving him one game against cannon fodder where he gets 10. He's not a heavy scorer, and Limerick don't win a huge amount of frees, Shaughnessy notwithstanding.

The biggest danger is Eoin Kelly - 14 points in the bag and the potential to have another 6 or 7 and still end up in the qualifiers - he is the true favourite - but I couldn't have him at his current price, and if Tipp beat Clare he misses out on the chance to hockey a Dublin or an Antrim.

I make Eoin Kelly about 5/2, Young about 7/2 or 4/1. It's far from nailed on, but great value at tens.

TheManFromFerbane
All Star

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Sure if it was nailed down there would be no fun in it!!! Actually no scrap that I want my money!! :lol:

Ron
All Star

Offaly vs Laois (Leix)

Post by Ron »

Well I'm not usually inclined but I think that at odds of 15/8 a few bob on Offaly this weekend would be well worth it. Its more even than that!