Offaly v Roscommon

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Hyper
All Star

Offaly v Roscommon

Post by Hyper »

Offaly 1-15 to Ros 9pts. Offaly were leading 2pts at half time.
Team, PK,CD,CE,SB,BM,SS,KS,CMC,SUPER,JR,DH,CQ,JC,PK,NMC,
SUBS---GR FOR CE,JKN FOR SS,JG FOR SUPER,DE FOR NMC,MD FOR JR,

PK was in good form, will be pushing for a starting place, kicked 4/5 points, NMC scored a goal and a few points.
CD played well, JG and MD were good when introduced.
close first half with Offaly that bit fitter in the second. Ros ran out of steam

PS;LS having trouble posting since the change. I notice any replies aren't going through, thus the new thread....

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Posting

Post by Lone Shark »

Cheers for that.

I wouldn't be the man to talk to you regarding posting difficulties. Pool Shark has been informed, and hopefully he'll suss out something. Unfortunately my skills, such as they are, are strictly verbal.

So while we will factor in your "natural" inclination here - make the call - who would you pick as the starting 6 up front in ten days?

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

C Q/DH, MD,NC,NMC,PK,JC WOULD BE MY STARTING 6/7 BUT I'D SAY DH WILL BE IN BEFORE MD

Lone Shark
All Star

Forward line.

Post by Lone Shark »

I'll be honest, I shudder when I think of Mark Daly trying to track Tom Kelly - it just wouldn't happen. He'd try, but Tom would run him into the ground. This is why I like the idea of Damien on him the next day - he's as fit as they come, and is a great man to defend from the front. He'll also have the mobility to make Tom have to do a bit of work defensively.

Mark Daly will do his best work for Offaly coming on with 15/20 to go, where he has a freshness advantage, and the game is a little more open so he can pick lads out from midfield.

I can't see us reverting to a three man inside line at this stage either. I'd be open to the idea of Paschal slotting into Shaper's role on the right though - again as long as he's not going to slack off and let Darren Rooney run riot.

To be honest I expect we'll start as we did the last day, but I'm quite relieved that if one of Niall or Jimmy is having an off day, we at least have a feasible alternative for inside. I mean John Kenny as a full forward, in fairness... :roll:

minor
Senior

Post by minor »

wouldn't be suprised if slatts was center forward and keane was wing back, it seems logical to me. i reckon pascal will be starting full. we won't beat them though all though i hope i'm wrong

Lone Shark
All Star

Not at all

Post by Lone Shark »

Slattery and Munnelly having a running thing ongoing for a while now, even before the O'Byrne cup this year where it boiled over a bit. I'd like to see that go again, because Munnelly has always found him a tricky customer - and to be honest if we can stop Munnelly we'll have gone a long way towards stopping Laois.

There's probably a good chance Paschal will start at this stage, and if he's training well, playing well in challenges etc., then fair enough. I don't want him on Tom Kelly though - he just wouldn't track him. Plus it's not fair on Hunt to drop him after doing nothing really wrong the last day. He mightn't have lit up the place, but he still had a better day than either Shaper or Neville I thought. I'd say if Paschal comes in here Shaper might be the man under pressure.

Regarding starting full forward, Is it not an odd time to be changing to a three man inside line now though? Surely at this stage we're as well off stick with what the lads have been using all year?

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

I hope I go as close predicting the result!!!