Niall Claffey out from Leinster Semi

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Treasurer
All Star

Co. Board

Post by Treasurer »

Does anyone have contact information for the Offaly County Board? I'd like to get the 'official' view of the situation - which I'd be happy to report back on...
offaly@gaa.ie

Really a Leinster problem though - they know before they make the fixtures when the qualifiers will be.

Kevin
All Star

Qualifiers

Post by Kevin »

Thanks for the heads up.

This is a somewhat delicate issue in that complaining about a situation before it arises can tend to send the wrong message.

However, complaining when there are 6 days before the next game begs the question of 'why was this not raised before?'.

I'll look into it regardless. I'll be surprised if anyone in Leinster engages me on the topic, but one can hope and pester.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Pessimistic

Post by Lone Shark »

I'd be very pessimistic that this will get any tangible results - but that being said, just making fixture planners aware that we're not likely to just accept it might make them put a couple of games off till the following week.

However that then leaves you playing three weeks in a row - so no good there either.

Kevin
All Star

The be careful what you ask for...

Post by Kevin »

rule definitely applies here. Complicating matters is that there are only so many weekends to work with. Lot's of constituencies to be pandered to. Maximizing income potential. And somewhere down the list what is actually fair to the players and to a lesser but not insubstantial degree their loyal supporters.

We'll see what happens.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Challenge game v Waterford

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

It's on anfearrua.com that Offaly beat Waterford in a challenge in Killarney at the weekend. Apparently, they were both in the region for the w/e.

Anyone know anything about this?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Challenge Match.

Post by Lone Shark »

I can repeat what I read on kkcats.com, which no doubt you've read already - we won by 3-20 to 1-21, and Waterford had a pretty full strength team out.

How motivated/interested they were is another matter of course.

Flatcap
Intermediate

Post by Flatcap »

limerick beat waterford two weeks before they played tipp. they got all excited as well.