tullamore

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Kemo Sabe
All Star

tullamore

Post by Kemo Sabe »

tullamores form in the hurling this year has got me thinking that of all the clubs in offaly they ar the only ones with any chance of ever doing the double and now that the footballers are coming into form just at the right time i think theywill go close this year .
great history hoping for a better future

rocket57
County player

Re: tullamore

Post by rocket57 »

Not a chance luckey to be still in the football and too young and not experienced enough to have a chance in the hurling
wishfull thinking :?:

gutless08
County player

Post by gutless08 »

Kemo Sabe wrote:tullamores form in the hurling this year has got me thinking that of all the clubs in offaly they ar the only ones with any chance of ever doing the double and now that the footballers are coming into form just at the right time i think theywill go close this year .
tullamore wont win a hurling title in the next 10 years nevermind this year

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

gutless08 wrote:
Kemo Sabe wrote:tullamores form in the hurling this year has got me thinking that of all the clubs in offaly they ar the only ones with any chance of ever doing the double and now that the footballers are coming into form just at the right time i think theywill go close this year .
ha ha ha your gas you really dont like tullamore very much do you . what are you going on about with your ten year crap statement .

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Truth lies somewhere in the middle. They won't win this year, but they probably are in a better position to improve over the next five years than some others. They'd need the likes of Birr and Coolderry to come back as well though, plus several of the better players are lads that are closer to the tail end of their careers. I'd worry about the lack of Tullamore lads that contributed to minor panels for the last couple of years as well.

I'd consider it unlikely that they'll win one for five years at least, but beyond that is too hard to tell - anything could happen in that time.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

gutless08
County player

Post by gutless08 »

Kemo Sabe wrote:
gutless08 wrote:
ha ha ha your gas you really dont like tullamore very much do you . what are you going on about with your ten year crap statement .
you know what kemo sabe id love to see tullamore win the hurling title this year. but anyone who thinks they will or even have a chance is off there rockers.real hurling people are on this site thinking what im saying. theres as much chance of tullamore winning a senior county hurling title by 2018 as there is of carlow beating kilkenny in the 2018 leinster final, assuming the provincials are not gone by then. :mrgreen:

bula bula
All Star

Post by bula bula »

I would have to say that Tullamore doing the double is highly unlikely, but they are realistically the only ones that I see that look like doing it in the forseeable future. So I say, why not believe. Or at least hope.
"Ohhh mamma!"

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

first of all gutless im far from off my rocker and second if you read my first post i didnt say they would win it i said they would go close as i believe they are in the top four in offaly and are improving all the time and for you to compare them winning it with carlow wining leinster well maybe you are off your rocker as you like to say .

gutless08
County player

Post by gutless08 »

bula bula wrote:I would have to say that Tullamore doing the double is highly unlikely, but they are realistically the only ones that I see that look like doing it in the forseeable future. So I say, why not believe. Or at least hope.
nothing wrong with believing

TheManFromFerbane
All Star

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

I decided to take this away from the tipsters thread because it didn't make sense to keep it going there.

I don't know where the Tullamore people are getting this impression that people hate them. There is the usual country\townie craic but you'd have a long way to go before you'd say its hatred. Maybe there is “hatred” between them and a local rival. Shamrocks? Clara?

Ferbane won a tough game with the bit of luck that every team needs. We didn't get those decisions against Rhode and that's just the way it goes. That loss obviously hurt Tullamore and there was a bit of pettiness for the Ferbane-Rhode game when Tullamore let Rhode warm up in O'Brien park while Ferbane had to warm up on the little grassy area behind the goals at the town end.

But apart from all that everyone knew the story going into the Championship. A poor result against Shannonbridge cost Ferbane and a good result against Shannonbridge got Tullamore through. That's the way it works.

As for this supposed hatred and bias against Tullamore, maybe ye are just creating a siege mentality for motivation to win another Championship and fair enough but I think it is manufactured than been really there.
The night is darkest before the dawn

Oceans 15
County player

Post by Oceans 15 »

TheManFromFerbane wrote:That loss obviously hurt Tullamore and there was a bit of pettiness for the Ferbane-Rhode game when Tullamore let Rhode warm up in O'Brien park while Ferbane had to warm up on the little grassy area behind the goals at the town end.
I heard about this all right. What childish behaviour. A bit like the young lad running home with his ball cos his team aren't winning the game!!

faithful till I die
Senior

Post by faithful till I die »

TheManFromFerbane wrote:That loss obviously hurt Tullamore and there was a bit of pettiness for the Ferbane-Rhode game when Tullamore let Rhode warm up in O'Brien park while Ferbane had to warm up on the little grassy area behind the goals at the town end.
I have to contradict you here as you are only giving a snapshot of the full story. O`Brien Park is the property of Tullamore GAA & in the past visiting teams were always given free & easy access to warm up there before games. However this frequently resulted in the park being cut up after heavy rain. In order to address this Tullamore GAA introduced a policy of only allowing teams warm up there after a request was received from the club secretary prior to match day. All relevant clubs were notified of this new policy. Rhode made the appropiate request & Ferbane did not. Its as simple as that & to suggest that the members of Tullamore GAA would be so petty after losing one gameis an insult. Are people still so sure that there is not an anti-Tullamore bias on this site from certain individuals ?

Maybe people could try & be a bit surer of their facts before they post things regarding different clubs or at least have the decency to qualify it by stating it is only their opinion.
Offaly awoke never more to sleep.

TheManFromFerbane
All Star

faithful till I die wrote:
I have to contradict you here as you are only giving a snapshot of the full story. O`Brien Park is the property of Tullamore GAA & in the past visiting teams were always given free & easy access to warm up there before games. However this frequently resulted in the park being cut up after heavy rain. In order to address this Tullamore GAA introduced a policy of only allowing teams warm up there after a request was received from the club secretary prior to match day. All relevant clubs were notified of this new policy. Rhode made the appropiate request & Ferbane did not. Its as simple as that & to suggest that the members of Tullamore GAA would be so petty after losing one gameis an insult. Are people still so sure that there is not an anti-Tullamore bias on this site from certain individuals ?

Maybe people could try & be a bit surer of their facts before they post things regarding different clubs or at least have the decency to qualify it by stating it is only their opinion.
Fair enough, that is true. Ferbane were told that was the reason they could not warm up out there. However as far as I could gather no one in the Ferbane club knew about this situation and in that case I don't see what the harm would have been in letting Ferbane warm up out there when Rhode were doing the same.

And yes I am sure there is not an anti-tullamore bias on my part. I know many members of the Tullamore club and get on well with all of them.

faithful till I die
Senior

Post by faithful till I die »

TheManFromFerbane wrote:Fair enough, that is true. Ferbane were told that was the reason they could not warm up out there. However as far as I could gather no one in the Ferbane club knew about this situation and in that case I don't see what the harm would have been in letting Ferbane warm up out there when Rhode were doing the same.
Well if you knew that was the reason given then it might have been more balanced of you to include that in your original post instead of leaving the impression that it was bitterness on behalf of Tullamore GAA that led to the situation. As far as Im aware Ferbane GAA were informed of the policy in the same manner as Rhode GAA so im afraid I cant shed any light on the confusion. For what its worth not everyone in Tullamore begrudged ye your win. I for one thought it was probably merited & hopefully served to wake our players up for the following game.
Offaly awoke never more to sleep.

TheManFromFerbane
All Star

I still stand by the fact that there was still no reason why Ferbane couldn't be let out considering Rhode were out there anyway but fair enough on reflection I should have included that Ferbane were told why they weren't allowed. Apologies.

Friends? :lol: