Offaly 3-07 Westmeath 1-11

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bogman
All Star

Offaly 3-07 Westmeath 1-11

Post by Bogman »

Offaly Minors - what a heart-warming victory! Offaly could have rolled over and died when Westmeath started with a storming display of dominance. Instead they improvised 3 goals in the first half and toughed it out in the 2nd half.

Like the teams of a few years ago they may be over-achieving but they are finding a way to win!

The best prospects on this team look like they'll be good U-21 and Senior players. Some hope for the future!

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Offaly 3-07 Westmeath 1-11

Post by Lone Shark »

I have to say I haven't been as delighted about an Offaly success since Nowlan Park last year. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that Westmeath will be very disappointed, but our lads worked off scraps, they fought like dogs for every ball and they put their heat and soul into it and got just reward.

There's no question but several of these lads will go on to make decent intercounty seniors as long as they keep up this attitude to the game.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

black and red exile
All Star

Re: Offaly 3-07 Westmeath 1-11

Post by black and red exile »

Yeah well done to the lads after a gutsy performance especially in the second half. To be honest after the the Wicklow disaster and the first 40 mins against Carlow I certainly didn't see this victory coming but it definetly is a nice little lift for the County against a very fancied Westmeath team.