Bill Kelly - R.I.P.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
laoisgaa
Junior C

Bill Kelly - R.I.P.

Post by laoisgaa »

It was with great sadness I learned of the death of Bill Kelly this evening. Bill was a highly regarded man and his love of all things GAA was a credit to himself and his family. The Funeral Mass will be tomorrow evening at 7pm in Boher church with burial on Friday morning.

As a relation to some of the Kelly's but not to Bill I am still gutted by this news.

Ní bheidh a leithead do fear arís ann!

Go dearna Dia trocaire ar a ainm

ballymanabroad
All Star

Post by ballymanabroad »

Have to reiterate all thats has been said here. For a man to miss one All Ireland in 69 years (because it was in New York) speaks volumes about his love and passion for the GAA. As a kid following the football around in the field in Ballycumber I remember Bill always there, watching and offering encouragement. As I grew older I came to appreciate his amazing memory for names and gaa areas. He would be able to tell if a players father had played for most counties 30 years before once he read the name and club name in a programme. He was a devotee of any game and I don't know how his car managed before Jim Kelly turned up in the Merc.

The GAA world has lost a true star.
It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe - Muhammad Ali