Intermediate Football results at the weekend

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Intermediate Football results at the weekend

Post by Lone Shark »

(Taken from Aertel, so not my fault if there are any errors!)

Tullamore 0-04 1-11 Tubber
Clara 1-06 4-13 K'clonfert
Daingean 1-05 0-12 Ballyfore

Few odd ones there. Tullamore have obviously been stripped bare by the seniors, because they won this fixture handily enough last year if memory serves.

Kilclonfert are obviously eying another rung up the ladder, although I think Clara will be lucky not to be relegated with that outfit - they don't really have the same depth that Tullamore or Rhode do to be fielding strong intermediate teams. Still though, not since Doon have we had a club progress up through the ranks to make an impact on the county scene, so maybe these lads have something to contribute.

Good win for Ballyfore as well. They'd be another club that I wouldn't mind seeing progress, as they haven't had a shot at senior in a long time.

This actually looks like being a quite strong grade this year. Ballyfore, Rynaghs, Tubber, and seemingly Kilclonfert all look like they could do well, and Kilcormac and Raheen are dark horses too. Certainly based on what I saw in Ferbane yesterday, Erin Rovers would struggle to compete, as I'd imagine would Bracknagh, though we'll know more about them after next Saturday.

Percy Sledgehammer
Senior

Tubber

Post by Percy Sledgehammer »

Tubber had a savage young team out at the weekend. I counted 8 lads starting that were minor in the last two years. McManus led them very well as well.

Tullamore were quare rubbish though. It's good to have the win behind us, but I'd say most of the teams in the group will beat that Tullamore outfit.