TULLAMORE 2.15 KILCORMAC/ KILLOUGHEY 1.11

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
black and red exile
All Star

TULLAMORE 2.15 KILCORMAC/ KILLOUGHEY 1.11

Post by black and red exile »

Tullamore truely deserved this very impressive victory over a more fancied KK and to be quiet honest nobody in O' Connor PK last night could deny that the win could and should have been even more convincing had the blues had taken at least 2 open goal chances that came their way in the second half. Shane Dooley was outstanding all through with a tally of 1.9 with 1.3 coming from play and some of his frees, especially in the second half, were top drawer with one in particular about 75 to 80 yards out which sticks in my mind.
At half time Tullamore led 1.8 to 0.7 with their first half early goal coming from Gearoid O' Grady. After 10 mins of the second half KK were level with a powerful direct run from Conor Mahon which ended with a very good kicked goal and at that stage you would put you're money on KK kicking on but instead it was the underdogs who upped a couple of gears and stretched for home with an excellent victory which will in no doubt give them plenty of confidence for the rest of the year.
As well as Shane dooley others to shine for the blues were Gearoid O'Grady, Shane Kelly, Francis Kerrigan, Shaun Martin, Nigel Mannion, and Stephen Egan. For a very disappointing KK Ciaran Slevin, Peter Healion and in the second half James Gorman stood out.
Scorers. Tullamore. Shane Dooley1.9
Francis Kerrigan 0.4
Shane kelly 0.1
Gearoid O 'Grady 1.0
Shaun Martin0.1
KK Ciaran Slevin 0.5 [4 frees][1from play]
Colm Cassidy 0.2 [ 65s]
James Gorman, Peter Healion, Eamonn Lee and Jamie Flynn with a point each and finally Conor Mahon with the goal.
Finally guys on one final note I was talking to a KK club member coming out of the match who informed me that Kevin Grogan and Brian Leonard were dropped from the panel for last night's game due to a few beers. Me thinks things are not too great in the KK camp.