Good man Peter Bracken

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
ballymanabroad
All Star

Good man Peter Bracken

Post by ballymanabroad »

I remember playing against Peter when I was fifteen and he already had a beard. He was doing great for Munster before his switch to Connacht but now if he gets into the front row and Quinns stay up he will be mixing it with White, Rowntree and Bell. Bodes well for an Irish cap. Girve the swerve was the last Offaly man to play for Ireland. Can you think of any more?

Former Offaly minor signs for Harlequins

CONNACHT prop Peter Bracken has become the latest Irish player to sign for English Premiership club Harlequins.

The former Ireland A international has agreed a two-year deal with the London club who already have five other Irishmen - Gavin Duffy, Jeremy Staunton, Andy Dunne, Simon Keogh and Mel Deane - on their books.

"I have always wanted to play in the Premiership and am really looking forward to it," said the former Offaly minor footballer.

However, before he moves, the 27-year-old from Tullamore has one burning ambition - to help Connacht qualify for the Heineken Cup.

"I have had four great seasons here and nothing would give me more pleasure than to see Connacht make it to the Heineken Cup," he said.

Harlequins also yesterday announced the signing of legendary All Black out-half Andrew Mehrtens, while Dean Richards has agreed to move from Grenoble to take over as director of rugby.

Munster and ex-Connacht scrum-half Eoin Reddan has signed a two-year deal with Wasps where he will link up with former Connacht team-mate Johnny O'Connor.

"We've watched Eoin for a long time and think he has all the attributes we are looking for in a No 9," said Shaun Edwards.
It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe - Muhammad Ali

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Bracken

Post by Lone Shark »

Offhand I can't think of any.

To be honest Bracken never struck me as anything out of the ordinary in any of the games I saw him play in for Connacht (albeit not that many!), and I assumed he was getting a run due to the chronic Irish shortage of props. The fact that Harlequins are sitting up and taking notice would change things a little.

Though essentially, who really has a clue what goes on in front row play? Tis a dark and murky world that for all my dabbling in egg chasing, I had no wish to enter into.