Rhode rage incident #2 Pascal Kellaghan off the panel?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Can anyone confirm that Pascal Kellaghan has left the panel?
He was named in the subs. Someone said to me during the match that he'd dropped off the panel.
I didn't notice him on the bench, but it was a bit too late to get a good view.
From the outside, it would appear Kilmurray doesn't think much of him.

Judging by Pascal's onfield demeanour, I'd say he might get on the wrong side of managers quicker than most.

minor
Senior

Post by minor »

Pascal left the panel because he wasn't getting a game but this is after getting time off to get married and go on honeymoon and then he was suffering from a virus for a while. He can't just expect to walk back on to the team. As for Malone I thought he didn't deserve to get taken off but thats no excuse for what he did. Both players should cop on and prove their point on the field when they get a chance and should work extra hard in training.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

You'd have to wonder

Post by Lone Shark »

Seriously, is he blind as well as conceited???

I respect the man's ability, but he above all people must know how often he gets yellow carded, which is a no-no for the league.

Equally, his club form, while good, was not so good all last year that he was a shoo-in. The only slot really open to him is in the half-forwards, which being honest I don't know if it suits him.

A bit of sense and he'd sit back and wait for either Niall or Jimmy to lose form/get injured/get suspended, and make sure he's in good enough form to take advantage and keep the role. It seems that sense is a lot to ask from him.