Hurling team for tomorrow.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Hurling team for tomorrow.

Post by Lone Shark »

Offaly (SH v Kildare): B Mullins; K Grogan, J Brady, C Cassidy; D Hoctor, G Hanniffy, K Brady; M Corcoran, G Oakley; P Mulhare, M O’Hara, R Hanniffy; C Parlon, S Brown, D Murray.

Thought provoking if nothing else. A few people had mentioned Rory Hanniffy at 6, and I don't recall hearing the notion of Gary fulfilling the role anywhere. To be honest I'd say it's the usual caveat applies - if he didn't play like he doesn't want to hurt anyone, he could do it very well.

Brian Carroll has been coasting for too long, and doesn't deserve his place any more. At least for it to happen now gives him the chance to buck up for the summer.

I don't remember ever thinking I'm looking at an intercounty hurler while watching Martin Corcoran, and to be honest Kildare won't tell us anything in this respect either. I certainly wouldn't dream of picking him over Diggy anyway.

O'Hara will be interesting to see as well.

Like I said, thought-provoking.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Gary Hanniffy's striking in tight space will need to be put to test...but not by Kildare.
A bit shuffling going in the backs. I wouldn't read much into it yet.

Flatcap
Intermediate

bad game

Post by Flatcap »

some woeful hurling done in birr. its hard to blame lads for not caring too much about these games, but kk will wipe the floor with these fellas unless they find another gear. the scoreline flattered kildare, since they added on a heap of points at the end, but that game flattered no one.