Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Tullman
Intermediate
Club: Tullamore

Re: Additions to County panels Football and Hurling

Post by Tullman »

I don’t have to answers to your questions that’s just what I was told at the match on Sunday and it was obvious he wasn’t moving freely.

I’m not sure I presume county squads have a physio at training and for more serious injuries they get sent further afield and costs are covered by Offaly but then again it is u20 so you never know

He must just want to win the club championship wheery won by 3 on Sunday and he kicked 3 so even if he’s only half fit he still offers something at club level

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

I heard in the last couple of days that Conor Doughan had not been looked after and was owed money form the county board from an injury and that is why he choose not to go in with the county.

People say we have loads of players who would make a difference if they were in on the panel...I don't agree but I know for certain he is one player who would make that difference.

Typical of the county board!

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

greenairfield wrote:I heard in the last couple of days that Conor Doughan had not been looked after and was owed money form the county board from an injury and that is why he choose not to go in with the county.

People say we have loads of players who would make a difference if they were in on the panel...I don't agree but I know for certain he is one player who would make that difference.

I heard the same about a different player. All is resolved now though, and he was involved last weekend.
Good Luck

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

Players are not owed money by County Board for injuries.

The GAA Injury Fund is there to pay for INJURIES..

The real question for those players is:::: Did they fill out GAA Injury Claim Forms or did they just not bother and expect the rest of us (the County Board) to pay up.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

greenairfield wrote:I heard in the last couple of days that Conor Doughan had not been looked after and was owed money form the county board from an injury and that is why he choose not to go in with the county.

Is Conor Doughan not forbidden to tog out for Offaly due to a bye-law ratified at this year’s Camross GAA AGM?

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

While funny totally inaccurate

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

There’s been a lot of talk, maybe too much talk (to borrow a phrase from Bono, who didn’t have Shinrone in mind at the time), but the theory that these was an orchestrated withholding of players by Shinrone has no basis in fact. Greenairfield, to be fair, has been consistent on this for some time.

Truth is, two Shinrone hurlers were asked in, one declined, while management’s interest in the other tailed off. There is nothing sinister. The myth probably came from the linked article in the country’s greatest tabloid, the The Irish Independent, and you can see where they left the story open to (mis)interpretation. Let that be the end of it.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic ... 35935.html
greenairfield wrote:While funny totally inaccurate
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:There’s been a lot of talk, maybe too much talk (to borrow a phrase from Bono, who didn’t have Shinrone in mind at the time), but the theory that these was an orchestrated withholding of players by Shinrone has no basis in fact. Greenairfield, to be fair, has been consistent on this for some time.

Truth is, two Shinrone hurlers were asked in, one declined, while management’s interest in the other tailed off. There is nothing sinister. The myth probably came from the linked article in the country’s greatest tabloid, the The Irish Independent, and you can see where they left the story open to (mis)interpretation. Let that be the end of it.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic ... 35935.html
greenairfield wrote:While funny totally inaccurate

JP and one of the Doughans?
Good Luck

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Wrong guess. All you are doing is demonstrating that you are making it up as you go along. I hope it stays fine for you.
LooseCannon wrote:JP and one of the Doughans?
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Wrong guess. All you are doing is demonstrating that you are making it up as you go along. I hope it stays fine for you.
Seán Cleary would be an obvious guess but I thought that ship had sailed. Perhaps I’m wrong. I may have mixed up a Cleary in my guess.
Good Luck

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

LooseCannon wrote:
Plain of the Herbs wrote:Wrong guess. All you are doing is demonstrating that you are making it up as you go along. I hope it stays fine for you.
Seán Cleary would be an obvious guess but I thought that ship had sailed. Perhaps I’m wrong. I may have mixed up a Cleary in my guess.
To use the words from a certain Disney film.... “let it go, let it go”

Tullman
Intermediate
Club: Tullamore

Post by Tullman »

U20 semi finals
Wheery 5-12 Clara 0-6
The first half was competitive 1-5 to 0-5 at half time but in the second half the floor gates opened. Johnson scored 2-5 1 goal in particular was brilliant David Nally excellent at wing back wheery were impressive moved the ball well at times and seemed to know what they were doing in contrast to Clara. Ferbane won the last u21 title and the first u20 title last year and back in the final again now they are doing something right over there!

St.patricks best st.broughans 2-8 to 1-8 in the other semi final anyone any information on it?

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

I'm not familiar with the underage teams in offaly. But were Clara the only stand alone team in the last 4 in the u20 championship.?

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

private joker wrote:I'm not familiar with the underage teams in offaly. But were Clara the only stand alone team in the last 4 in the u20 championship.?
Technically, yes.
We do not know how many, if any players from Shannonbridge or Ballyfore played with Ferbane and Edenderry.
I think Broughan’s were the other team, weren’t they?
Good Luck

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

No player from ballyfore on the edenderry team AFAIK.

Name is a bit of a misnomer and has been for a while now.
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything