Offaly Senior Hurlers 2019

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
LooseCannon
All Star

Offaly Senior Hurlers 2019

Post by LooseCannon »

Good Luck

kingscounty
All Star

Re: Offaly Senior Hurlers 2019

Post by kingscounty »

Two great additions if they are true

Wing Back
County player
Club: Coolderry

Re: Offaly Senior Hurlers 2019

Post by Wing Back »

I think Fanning is a good addition alright. He's been involved in a pretty successful Tipperary apart from last year. Keeping good continuity is good also I feel.

Despite being relegated to Joe McDonagh last year, I felt that last year had more encouragement than many of the previous few years.

Beating Dublin (albeit a weak side) in Croker was especially a highlight, but the performance that gave me most hope was the League Quarter final which we lost narrowly. I felt we were competitive in most of our games particularly with the first 40 mins with the exception of Wexford in the Leinster championship which was a real downer for all involved I'd imagine. The 2nd half against Dublin in championship was pretty tame as well.

I would have preferred to beat Antrim in Birr, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as there was not much to play for.

I think playing in Joe Mcdonagh is not ideal.....but that's the way it goes and we can have no complaints.....But winning the Joe McDonogh is a very realistic target with our all Ireland final against whoever is drawn against us. Another good league campaign would be very welcome also.

I see the Walsh Cup is scheduled to begin in December, which is not far away. Not sure how I feel about that....but it is what it is.

I'm hopeful that Martin will get buy in this year, as the targets are very realistic with some games against top opposition in the league and a possible 1 off shot at an all Ireland Quarter Final spot if they win the Joe McDonagh.

Time waits for no man, Joe Bergin and Shane Dooley won't be there for much longer and I think that this year could be a good one to unearth some new talent.
'Babs keating 'resigned' as coach because of illness and fatigue. The players were sick and tired of him'